Sunday, July 4, 2010

Audrey's First Outdoor Adventures

This last week Audrey got her first pieces of outdoor gear. Her Patagonia order came first with a fleece pullover, fleece hat, and a reversible puffball jacket. A few days later, her life jacket arrived from Stohlquist. We of course needed to do some product testing, so last weekend we went for a hike up the North Fork of the Willamette River. Audrey has finally gotten big enough that she won't fall through the arm holes of the Kelty Wallaby kid carrier.
We walked all the way to where the trail was closed due to logging.

On Tuesday night, Matt took Audrey on her first canoe trip. Mike South went along for safety and took Bella in his boat. I was given the evening off to relax and spend a few hours by myself.


I made sure that Audrey had everything she needed, including a bottle, so that Matt could be left alone with her for more than a couple of hours.
Everyone seemed to have a good time canoeing and made it home with no complications.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's amazing! I bet she loved it. Can we send our kids up for summer camp? : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are one brave mamma! I would of been freaking out. But, I guess since Matt is a pro with a canoe, I might be a little less freaked..just a little though. She is such a cutie. Can't wait to see you down south.

    ReplyDelete